Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Weddings, Wreaths, and Bow Bouquets

My best friend is getting married tomorrow. I am so unbelievably happy and excited for her. I have been lucky enough to be blessed with the role of being her maid-of-honor. In preparation for her impending nuptials I've been given the chance to create a few DIY wedding inspired crafts.

My first DIY was the creation of this beautiful monogrammed burlap wreath for my best friends new home. I tried to match it to her wedding colors, while still designing it to stand out hanging on her front door. I was very happy with the way it turned out, especially since this was my first attempt at a burlap wreath. 


The supplies I needed to make this wreath:
  • 18 inch metal wreath form
  • 5 inch burlap (12-15 yards)
  • Scissors
  • Twist ties
  • Embellishments (optional) 
  • Hot glue gun
I followed Frou Frou & Frills tutorial on How to Make a Burlap Wreath. Her video was amazing and super easy to follow. After completing the wreath I just had to decide what embellishments to add. I picked up the flowers, wooden letter D, and the chevron ribbon all at Hobby Lobby. I had to paint the letter D. I'm sure if you want more of a rustic look you could leave it aú naturale. I then glued down everything with the hot glue gun and added some extra ribbon at the top to hang the wreath.

My next DIY was to create the bow bouquet needed for her rehearsal dinner being held today. I had to make sure to save all the bows from her showers to complete this beautiful creation. I then followed this tutorial and ended up with the beautiful creation shown below.



Now, it's time for me to get dressed up and pretty for the rehearsal dinner. I can't wait! 


<3 Kelly Jean




No comments:

Post a Comment