Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Copycat Baked Brie Delight Recipe

Another Broken Egg Cafe - Destin, Florida

During the summer my fiancé and I went to Destin, Florida with his sister and her family. This was a much needed vacation for all of us. It was amazing. I love the beach. If I could I would absolutely move to the beach. I imagine it is wonderful waking up everyday to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.

While there we went to so many amazing restaurants. One of our favorites was a breakfast/brunch restaurant called Another Broken Egg. I recently found out that there's actually one in my home state. I will definitely have to visit the Georgia location whenever I get around to the area it's in. By far the best dish on their menu was the Baked Brie Delight




We loved it so much we tried to recreate it when we got home. Here's how we did it....




Ingredients

1/2 Baguette Loaf ---- not pictured here
1/2 Brie Circle (2 quarter sized pieces)
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Golden Delicious Apple (chopped)
1/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Walnut pieces

Steps
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, stir in the brown sugar. After the sugar has dissolved into the butter add in the chopped apple, raisins, and walnut pieces. Mix thoroughly. Continue to stir, allowing for caramelizing of the ingredients. 
  3. While caramelizing, slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Place evenly onto a metal non greased pan along with the Brie. Bake 5 minutes until the Brie has begun to melt and the baguette has toasted nicely.
  4. Serve immediately with the caramelized fruit and nut mixture. 
Enjoy!

<3 Kelly Jean





No comments:

Post a Comment