I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend this past week. I spent a lot of it decorating and baking. One of my favorite things to do is bake, especially around the holidays. It's always fun to switch up recipes and make something new out of an old recipe. Recently I found this recipe on Pinterest for Cranberry-Pecan Pie Crust Leaves. The recipe was originally intended for pie crust leaves to be placed on top of an after Thanksgiving Pot Pie. However, I saw the recipe and was inspired to make cookies out of the same things with a few extra ingredients. Therefore, my Cranberry Pecan Pie Cookies were created.
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Unfold each piecrust, and press out fold lines.
- Sprinkle 1 piecrust with pecans, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; top with remaining piecrust.
- Roll into a 14-inch circle, sealing together piecrusts.
- Cut into desired shapes with a 2- to 3-inch cutter. Place pastry shapes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Reroll any leftover scraps of dough, and repeat the procedure.
- Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.