Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Body Beast for Women - Schedule and Equipment


The hubby and I are finishing up P90X3 this weekend and will be starting a new program Monday. We have decided to complete Body Beast next. After much discussing we've decided it's best to build muscle now while it's cold then switch and blast away fat once it's getting closer to summer with a high intensity cardio program like Insanity Max: 30. P90X3 was a great starter program for us to begin the whole process of losing weight and gaining muscle. I feel like I've built some muscle in my legs and maybe a little in my arms. I want to define my arms more and tighten/tone up my stomach even more. I also want to do this program to help show other women that they too can complete Body Beast. As you look through the catalog or research Body Beast it may intimidate you, so I'm here to help break it down and help make it female friendly. 


Since I mainly want to define my body just a little bit more I'm choosing to do the Lean Beast program within Body Beast. This program is great for building muscle while also losing the extra fat coating my muscles. Block 1 starting out is the Build Phase. This phase focuses on synergistic muscle groups, allowing you to get strong and build a foundation to work on.  This phase continues for 6 weeks long. you workout 6 Days and have 1 day off. The workouts are different for each of the 3 weeks. 

I have different equipment and supplements I'll be using to gain the optimum results. Based on the cost I am going to try going through the 90 Days without getting the extra supplements for Body Beast that are suggested (Hardcore Base Shake, Fuel Shot, M.A.X. Creatine, and Super Suma). 

  • On the top left is P90X Results and Recovery. This is an orange creamsicle after workout drink that helps ease soreness and optimize your results. It taste amazing and really helps me not be in agony after waking up the day after a workout. Plus it's all natural with no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
  • On the top middle is the Beachbody Jump Mat. I use this since I workout sometimes on hardwood floors. This super shock resistant mat protects your knees, back, and ankles from injury. I also just like the cushy feel of it beneath my feet while working out. 
  • On the top right are Resistance Bands. They can provide up to 100 pounds of resistance, and work amazingly well as an inexpensive substitute for dumbbells. I use them with a door attachment to provide a great alternative to regular pull-ups. 
  • On the bottom left are Dumbbells. I will be using the massive set that my hubby and I have for the majority of the weight lifting workouts. We got most of our dumbbells through Amazon or from Target. 
  • On the bottom right are Stability Balls. We have a weight bench that my husband will be using, but since we can't easily fit 2 into our workout room currently, I'll be using a Stability Ball. I like the fact that while I'm using a stability ball I can also work on training my core and stabilizer muscles. 

  • We can't forget my Shakeology that I'll still be using while completing Body Beast. As with P90X3 this will continue to be my breakfast and will therefore be calculated in my calorie count for the day. I love the ease drinking Shakeology gives me since I never have to plan a Breakfast. I just wake up, mix it with whatever I feel like, and I'm ready to go in less than 5 minutes. 
Now it's time to meal plan. As soon as I fully figure out my meal plan for Body Beast I will post that on my blog. 






No comments:

Post a Comment