Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Weekend Project: Backyard Water Fountain Makeover

Now that the weather is warmer and I have a few free weekends I am taking the time to repurpose some of the chipped and dated items I am finding around the house that were left from the previous owner. One of the projects I have taken on this week was to re-do the grey chipped water fountain in the backyard that wasn't working.


It looks nice, but it wasn't working and it didn't look that great in the area. I decided the best fix was to patch the holes and repaint it. I first used Rust-Oleum Spray Paint to prime the whole thing.


Since it was my first experience spray painting anything in a VERY long time it took me more cans of spray paint than I had expected. The priming process took about 4 cans of spray paint to cover the entire water fountain. The actual painting took about 8-10 cans to cover the whole thing and create an even finish. 


I chose a textured finish spray paint by Rust-Oleum to give it a "stone" look. I really like the end product. I'm still working on finishing it up so that it works like a normal fountain. Sadly, I have had a lot of rain this last week so I haven't had the time to repair the inside of the fountain where it has a few cracks that cause it to leak.


<3 Kelly Jean





No comments:

Post a Comment