Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pumpkin Pancakes

Source

Like many other people I am absolutely obsessed with anything pumpkin. I love pumpkin spice chai tea lattes, pumpkin pies, pumpkin spice candles, Pumpkin Spice Shakeology, and recently pumpkin pancakes. I always like experimenting with my pancake flavors on the weekends, so why not pumpkin? Thankfully I also found a recipe to make healthy pumpkin pancakes. It took only about 15 minutes to make these pancakes (including prep time) so they are also a super easy breakfast. Plus I already had all the ingredients sitting around in my house since I've stocked up on pumpkin puree and spice to make my Pumpkin Spice Shakeology. YUM! My husband was out this morning so I made the recipe for just myself. You can always double the recipe for two people or triple if you have a kid. I ended up with 4 pancakes when I made the recipe below.


Ingredients
  • ½ cup oatmeal
  • 6 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin pure 
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp pumpkin spice
  • a splash of vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Grind the oatmeal first by using a coffee grinder, magic bullet or a blender (I used my ninja blender)
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
  3. Set a non stick pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.

  1. Cook each side for about a minute.
  2. Depending on the size of your pan it could make from 3 large pancakes to 5 smaller ones like mine.

For the 4 pancakes it was only 276 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 30 grams of protein. That to me sounds like a great breakfast to start the day....especially with this cold weather we are having right now in Fall. ENJOY!



<3 Kelly Jean




No comments:

Post a Comment