Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Shakeology Review



Well, I've now been drinking Shakeology for almost two weeks and I love it. I went with the Vanilla Shakeology to start out with a pretty basic flavor. I figured I'd start out there and try a lot of different recipes with it, then go from there experimenting the other tastes. So far I've tried the Iced Mocha, Peaches and CreamNeapolitan Strawberry, Pumpkin Spice, Strawberry Banana, and Pina Colada. [I linked the flavors to the recipe site so that you can see calorie count if you're curious].


To make the Pina Colada Shakeology I mixed in my Ninja blender 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology, 1/2 cup of Skim Milk, 1/2 cup of Pineapple Chunks, 1/2 tsp of Coconut flakes, and 1 handful of ice. It was delicious. It tasted exactly like a Pina Colada just with half the calories and no alcohol. It worked great to start my morning off right as I went out to run errands.


For my Neapolitan Shakeology I mixed in my Ninja blender 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology, 1/2 cup of Skim Milk, 1/2 cup of Frozen Strawberries, 1 tsp of Cocoa Powder. This was another hit in my book. I have really contemplated making some extra and freezing it for an after dinner treat of Shakeology Neapolitan Ice Cream. Yum!


On Halloween morning before I headed off to work I made a Pumpkin Spice Shakeology. This was probably the main reason I went with Vanilla Shakeology first was so that I could try the Pumpkin Spice flavor. Ever since Fall started here in Georgia I've been obsessed with trying everything Pumpkin Spice that I can. Therefore, why not make a Shakeology breakfast shake with the Pumpkin Spice flavor? To make this amazing drink I mixed in my Ninja blender 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology, 1/2 cup of Skim Milk, 1/2 cup of canned Pumpkin Puree, 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 tsp of Cinnamon, and 1 handful of ice. It was delicious! I won't say it tasted exactly like a Pumpkin Spice Frappucino, but it was pretty close and it has way less calories.


Another favorite of mine with Shakeology is any fruity flavored shake. I've been switching out my fruits I throw in. Some mornings I had peaches, some mornings orange slices, and some mornings I go the route of strawberry banana. My favorite yogurt flavor is strawberry banana so I made a shake that tasted exactly the same. This one was pretty simple to make as well. I mixed in my Ninja blender 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology, 1/2 cup of Frozen Strawberries, 1/2 cup of Skim Milk, and 1/2 a banana. It was yummy!

I'm pretty sure so far the only flavor I haven't liked is the Iced Mocha. I'm not sure if it's my iced coffee I'm adding in, but it turns out pretty bland. I've been using the Starbucks unsweetened Iced Coffee you can buy in the dairy section and it's just not giving it the right taste that I'm looking for. I only go for this drink on mornings when I'm really tired and dragging and need the extra pick me up from coffee.


I recommend Shakeology to anyone that has trouble eating their recommended daily dose of fruits and vegetables. Apparently you are supposed to have 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Do you get that? Do you even like vegetables? If you answered no to either of those you should try Shakeology. This last week I lost my mother-in-law suddenly and tragically. During that week while dealing with the loss and doing everything we can to help out my father-in-law, my husband and I just didn't have the time to workout. We barely had the time to sleep, let alone fit in working out since we were getting home by 10pm or later and still had to be up early the next day. However, during the week I never stopped drinking Shakeology. I had it every single morning for my breakfast. You know what happened after a week of not working out and still drinking Shakeology? I lost around 2-3 pounds that week. I've noticed with loss you are provided with LOTS of bad food. I did my best to still control myself and not over-indulge, but I can't say that I didn't allow myself a donut or piece of cake when provided. However, I did make sure that everyday I had my Shakeology. There's no need to miss the healthiest meal of the day, especially when it tastes so good.



<3 Kelly Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment