Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

DIY Door Decor

For years now I've had one of those typical boring green wreaths on my door. I was too lazy to take it down once the Christmas season ended, so I left it up on my door. Finally, after seeing so many beautiful inspirations of wreaths on Pinterest I decided my door needed a little decor of its own. This lead to one of my many enjoyable experiences craft shopping at Hobby Lobby for any supplies I needed. 

My supplies included: 



  • 8" Grapevine Wreath
  • Burlap chevron ribbon
  • Wooden letter B
  • Mint blue acrylic paint
  • White hydrangea flowers
  • Blue rose
  • Glue gun with glue sticks
  • Paint brushes




I started out by painting my letter B. While this dried, I cut the stems off of my flowers and searched for a great tutorial on making bows. I found super easy to follow directions at this site www.onsuttonplace.com. Once all of that was completed I assembled my wreath. 

Ta da!

I love it! Now I'm on the search for the perfect doormat to match my wreath.


<3 Kelly Jean





No comments:

Post a Comment