Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Love is Sweet Bridal Shower



I recently hosted a bridal shower for my best friend. We hosted it at her soon-to-be in-laws family church. The theme was Love is Sweet and the colors were purple and silver. I ordered my invitations from Storybook Lane Crafts etsy shop. The original was super cute, but I had to have Kelli customize the invitation to match the colors of my theme.

Here's the original:

Here's how my customized invitation turned out:
I had to black out any private information. Sorry if it takes away from the ADORABLE invitation.
I think she did an amazing job. I was so happy with the end result. To go with the theme of the shower I decided to DIY my own favors. This didn't go as well as I planned, but I think that's because it was my first time working with melting wafers and making suckers. It takes a little practice to get the end result to look "perfect". 

Here's the candy wafers I used. They were purple (orchid) and vanilla flavored.

I slowly added more and more wafers to my double boiler to melt the whole bag.

Here are a few tutorials on melting candy in case you have any questions:





I placed cake pop sticks in the molds and then poured the melted chocolate over top.

After freezing them I folded up this cute free printable and added a little eggplant colored bow to make my favors complete.

Here is where you can get the FREE printable for this great favor Love is Sweet Lollipop Cover



<3 Kelly Jean




No comments:

Post a Comment