Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Caramel Apple Pie Sangria


My husband and I finally got the chance during Thanksgiving weekend to go hiking. The weather was finally warm enough and we were able to enjoy the crisp Autumn air and beautiful leaves during our hike. Ever since Autumn has started I've been obsessed with anything Caramel Apple. I even found a Caramel Apple Tea by Celestial Seasonings at Publix during a weekly grocery shopping trip. After sipping that tea I realized the same flavor would be amazing in an adult drink, aka one with alcohol. My husband and I decided to make a Caramel Apple Pie Sangria for Thanksgiving. It was a huge hit. The smell reminded me of Apple Jolly Ranchers. It was pretty easy to make as well. Here's the Recipe!


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 bottles (larger size) White Wine of your choice (We used a box of Chardonnay because that's our favorite wine and it was the cheapest. If you want to make it less sweet, use Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay....If you want it sweeter, use Riesling or Moscato)
  • 10 cups fresh Apple Cider
  • 4 cups Club Soda
  • 2 cups Caramel Apple Vodka
  • 8 Gala Apples, chopped
  • 6 Pears, chopped
  • 2 Cinnamon Sticks

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Cut the fruit and place in the bottom of your pitcher or jug


  • Combine all of the ingredients except the cinnamon sticks and club soda


  • Stir, stir, stir
  • Let sit overnight (or at least a couple hours)
  • About 4 hours before serving, throw in the cinnamon sticks and club soda

  • Stir, stir, stir 
  • Serve over ice
  • Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment