All you need for this recipe is some fresh vegetables, garlic, parmesan, and a few spices most everyone has in their kitchen. The only thing I actually had to buy for this recipe was the zucchinis, squash, and tomatoes. Everything else I already had in my kitchen. After I gathered all my ingredients I got to work chopping everything. I used my favorite Joseph Knives. Today I needed the purple serrated knife for the tomatoes, and the green knife for chopping the zucchini and squash.
Once everything was chopped I placed it all in a bowl and mixed in all the dry ingredients. I love all the beautiful colors in this recipe. Lately I've been obsessed with Eating in Color. This book truly motivates me to eat healthy and it's a great way to find recipes where I can get my servings of vegetables in.
The original recipe I followed called for 1/3 cup of parsley or basil. I had basil on hand so I used that. All I have to say is HOLY BASIL BATMAN! The dish tasted like straight up basil with a few vegetables thrown in. I will be remaking this recipe in the near future for a side dish for dinner and I will be using only 1-2 tablespoons of basil. I'm 99% sure it would taste best with 1 tablespoon of basil and a little olive oil. Or even try making it stove top with a little olive oil to saute the vegetables. Try it out and let me know what you think!!
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini and Tomato Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
- 2 large or 2.5 lbs Zucchini, cut into quarters
- 10 oz grape tomatoes, cut in halves or 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp basil/thyme/oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp ground black peper
- 1 tbsp parley/basil, finely chopped
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except parsley/basil, and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes, then check for doneness. Add 10 minutes if you like well cooked vegetables. Remove from the oven, garnish with basil or parsley and serve hot/warm.