Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

A Healthier Chunky Monkey

Lately I have been craving the Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream. Even when it's cold and dreary out I seem to still crave ice cream. I am literally obsessed with my ice cream. Sadly though Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey is in no way really "good" for you or "healthy". Therefore, I had to figure out a way I could fulfill my cravings while still living a healthier lifestyle. That is where my new recipe for my morning shake came in. I decided I had to try to recreate Chunky Monkey with Chocolate Shakeology. I was very pleased. It was delicious!! I literally felt like I could freeze it a little, throw on a few walnut chunks, and then scoop it out with a spoon for dessert. I love it when healthy food actually taste good. Now I can get my ice cream fix while still getting all my superfoods and nutrients for the day.


Chunky Monkey Shakeology

Ingredients

  • 1 scoop/packet of Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 handful of ice
  • optional: 1 scoop of Protein Powder (Vanilla or Chocolate)
Instructions
  1. Throw ALL ingredients into the blender
  2. Blend until smooth
  3. Smile with extreme pride and enjoy your healthy copycat chunky monkey protein and superfood filled shake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment