Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Healthy Meal Planning

Part of my journey to becoming a healthier and happier me through P90X3 is to make changes when it comes to how I eat. There are many days I still look back with sadness to the days of High School when I could eat pizza for 4 meals a day (Yes 4...not 3) and still wear a size 2 in jeans.  I still wish I didn't have to workout. I still wish I didn't have to eat healthy. I also still wish I could wear a size 2. However, part of my growing up process is to become a healthier person so that I can live longer. I don't want to be healthy just to be "skinny", I want to be healthy to become "happier". I recently made an inspiration board to help keep me positive and keep me making great decisions. One of my favorites is this...

Source
It's such a true statement. You can't just wish for things to be great. You have to take the actions to make things better in your life. You have to choose to be healthy. A great place for inspiration (and sometimes temptation) for healthier eating is Pinterest. I have made a board just for healthy meal planning. So far I have found many great recipes to try out that I was extremely pleased with. My favorite so far is Zucchini Lasagna. It allows you to have the cheesy favorite of many people, but in a healthier way. Zucchini Lasagna is low on carbs and calories. The recipe I found and adjusted from Skinny Taste was only 9 points plus with Weight Watchers. I went vegetarian style simply because I'm not a ground beef eater. I've also been working to insert more veggies into my daily meals. A few of my favorites are Garlic Roasted Vegetables and Chick Pea Salads. 




Don't they just look colorful and tasty? Finding alternatives that still satisfy your cravings is important to me in my journey to a healthier me. I can't wait to try more new recipes!!


<3 Kelly Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment